The Miners Foundry is pleased to present the Lake Tahoe Dance Collective and the Linda Bair Dance Company on Wednesday, March 15, 2017. The Lake Tahoe Dance Collective presents world class choreography performed by serious young dancers alonside professionals. The Linda Bair Dance Company explores the edges of movement providing a kinetic, imaginative, and intellectual way to understand the art of dance. A Question & Answer session will take place after the performances. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. and the Performance begins at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $30 General Admission and are available online, by phone, or in person at the Miners Foundry, or at Briar Patch Co-Op. Ticketing fees may apply.
Linda Bair will present a Master Class on Friday, March 17th. Please click HERE to register.
Lake Tahoe Dance Collective
The mission of the Lake Tahoe Dance Collective is to promote classical, modern and contemporary dance of the finest quality in the Lake Tahoe area through performance, education and outreach, enriching the community as a whole and as a cultural destination. What started as Tahoe Youth Ballet in 2009 with a single performance at the North Tahoe High School auditorium has evolved in to a company that presents a range of performances for Lake Tahoe audiences throughout the year, including its own productions as well as visiting dance companies. Lake Tahoe Dance Collective is a nonprofit 501c3 organization.
Linda Bair Dance Company
The mission of the Linda Bair Dance Company is to create a rich movement environment, educating and encouraging an understanding of dance in a kinetic, imaginative, and intellectual way to the community and the world at large. By creating and presenting new work, engaging audiences through exposure to dance in likely and unlikely places, discussion, teaching, and collaborating with other artists, the company strives to enrich the human experience and preserve the art of dance.
Linda Bair, Artistic Director, will also present a Master Class. Linda Bair is a seasoned performer, choreographer, and teacher. Born and raised in San Jose, California, her early training was in ballet, studying with Carol Petersen and Ballet San Jose. In college she discovered her passion for modern dance and graduated with a BFA in dance from UC Santa Barbara. She has studied with and/or performed in works by many outstanding artists including: Karole Armitage, Donald Byrd, Joe Goode, Bebe Miller, Momix, Elisa Monte, David Parsons, and Rod Rodgers. She has danced with Repertory West II, Bonnie Simoa Dance Company, Christopher Watson Dance Company and marTa Tanz. In 2007, Linda had the honor of being a guest artist with the Limon Dance Company, performing “Missa Breva” at the Mondavi Center. After spending time living and teaching in Germany in 1997, Linda returned to the United States and became a visiting lecturer in the UC Davis Department of Theatre and Dance. In 1998, she formed the Linda Bair Dance Company (LBDC), now in residence at the Davis Arts Center. Linda has taught in colleges, elementary schools, offered master classes, and currently teaches all levels of modern dance at the Davis Arts Center. Her choreography has been presented throughout California, in Germany, and the Caribbean. She has created over 30 works for LBDC. In 2012, Linda co-founded Solodos Dance with Jorge Luis Morejon: a company creating dance in California and the Caribbean. Their latest collaboration “Carpentier in Barbados” was with painter/performance artist Leandro Soto. While in Barbados, Bair taught at the University of West Indies and participated in CAFE XV: the Journeys of Cuban Artists symposium. Equally passionate about choreographing and teaching, her work is concerned with what is best said with the body: an investigation of breath, bone and muscle, abstraction and loose narrative. At its core, it’s about finding the person in the movement and the movement in the person.
Nevada City Dance Festival
The Miners Foundry is pleased to present the Second Annual Nevada City Dance Festival, March 13-17, 2017. This year, we are able to expand the Nevada City Dance Festival and offer a full week of professional dance activities, including three full evenings of dance, five professional dance companies, Master Classes for local dancers, a Gala Reception for all dance company members and patrons.
The Nevada City Dance Festival is presented with assistance from a California Arts Council Local Impact Grant. The CAC Local-Impact Grant of $10,800 is a matching grant, and as such, requries the support of the community which it has been awarded. Ticket sales alone will not help us match the grant funds. Sponsorships are critical to the on-going success ofthe Nevada City Dance Festival. The goals of the Nevada City Dance Festival are:
- Exposure of a wide range of local dance students to professional choreography.
- Exposure of professional dance companies to Nevada County and the Miners Foundry Cultural Center
- Developing the foundation for long-term relationships with professional dance companies and encouraging formation of permanent residency programs in our community.
- Nuturing community involvement in the creative artistic processes of professional dance.
Provides underwriting for:
– 6 students to atend the 3 Dance Master Classes
– 6 students to attend 3 technical & dress rehearsals
– 4 reserved seating tickets to the dawsondancesf performance on 03.14.17
– 4 reserved seating tickets to the Lake Tahoe Dance Collective and the Linda Bair Dance Company performances on 03.15.17
– 4 reserved seating tickets to the Pisa Za Congo Dance Company and AirAligned performances on 03.17.17
– 2 VIP Parking passes good for each of the 3 dance performances
Provides underwriting for:
– 3 students to attend the 3 Dance Master Classes
– 3 students to attend 3 technical & dress rehearsals
– 2 reserved seating tickets to the dawsondancesf performance on 03.14.17
– 2 reserved seating tickets to the Lake Tahoe Dance Collective and the Linda Bair Dance Company performances on 03.15.17
– 2 reserved seating tickets to the Pisa Za Congo Dance Company and AirAligned performances on 03.17.17
– 1 VIP Parking pass good for each of the 3 dance performances
Provides underwriting for:
– 1 student to attend the 3 Dance Master Classes
– 1 student to attend 3 technical & dress rehearsals
– 2 reserved seating tickets to one of the 3 dance performances
– 1 VIP Parking Pass good for one of the 3 dance performances
– 1 VIP Parking pass good for one of the 3 dance performances
Thank you to our dance partners:
Nevada Union High School Theatrical Dance Department
Holt Ballet Conservatory
Sierra Dance Institute
KSK Dance Collective