We invite you to a significant meeting on Thursday June 7 at 10am. The California Arts Council will hold one of its five annual public meetings right here in Nevada County, which is a great honor for all of us.
Council Members – among them those appointed by Governor Jerry Brown – along with senior staff members, will be arriving from different parts of the state for an all day convening at the Miners Foundry.
We will also be inviting regional arts councils from across central and Northern California to attend.
The California Arts Council’s Agenda can be found here: http://www.cac.ca.gov/aboutus/councilmeetings.php
Please consider joining us for this, for the following reasons:
– Your attendance will show California Arts Council how significant our TWO state designations as California Cultural Districts are for us!
– If you have a project or program that has ever been funded by California Arts Council this is your opportunity to show your interest and appreciation
– If you have never had a project funded but want to learn more about possibilities for your organization or project in-the-making, this is an ideal forum to listen and learn
– During the public comments part of the agenda, you will have an opportunity to speak from the heart in support of our district, or to ask questions of your own connected with the work of California Arts Council
– It will be an opportunity to listen in to presentations to the Council, and to conversations on key topics of significance in California today
– You will get to enjoy BriarPatch Food Coop’s seriously AMAZING MUFFINS, tea and coffee ; )
Thanks to all for being such great partners with us on this new adventure for both Grass Valley-Nevada City Cultural District and Truckee Cultural District. Together, being part of the very first cohort of California Cultural Districts, and the only rural county with two, we are shaping this new state program for future generations. Let’s show our appreciation!