Fright Night, Nevada City’s Halloween tradition returns to the Miners Foundry on Saturday, October 31, 2015. Fright Night 2015 features music by Achilles Wheel, The Soft Bombs, and Scary Little Friends plus food and drinks available for purchase and a live costume contest with cash prizes. Don’t miss the creative presentations by the Motion Graphic Artists of the Nevada City Film Festival, back by popular demand.
Doors open at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 in Advance and $30 at the Door, and are available online, by phone, or in person at the Miners Foundry, or in person at Briar Patch Co-Op. Ticketing fees may apply.
Fright Night FAQs
Event Schedule (times are approximate)
8:30 p.m. | Doors Open
8:30 p.m. | Costume Contest Registration (Foyer)
8:45 p.m. | Scary Little Friends (Stone Hall)
9:00 p.m. | Achilles Wheel (Osborn/Woods Hall)
10:00 p.m. | Costume Contest Registration Closes (Foyer)
10:15 p.m. | Motion Graphic Artists (Osborn/Woods Hall)
10:30 p.m | Costume Contest (Osborn/Woods Hall)
10:45 p.m | The Soft Bombs (Stone Hall)
11:00 p.m. | Achilles Wheel (Osborn/Woods Hall)
Achilles Wheel is a high energy Roots and World music/Rock and Roll band from Northern California, featuring award winning songwriting played on numerous stringed instruments and more drums than you can shake a stick at. The quality of the band’s songwriting combined with stunning musicianship earned them spots at last year’s California Worldfest, The Strawberry Music festival, The Redwood Mountain Faire, The Redwood Ramble, Dead On The Creek, Railroad Earth’s Hangtown Halloween and a sold out show at Sierra Nevada Big Room in Chico, California. 2015 promises to be a busy year for AW with the release of their third studio recording. If you love to dance and celebrate life, come see an Achilles Wheel show and make a joyful noise.
Offering drivingly danceable rhythms, hard pumping bass, and hypnotically addictive blends of psych, kaleidoscopic electrophonic melodies, The Soft Bombs are at once retro and distinctly forward-looking. The band’s live shows are enhanced by colorful projections and extended dance-improvs that whip the audience into a frenzy. The Soft Bombs continue to wow audiences up and down the west coast with their unique brand of rock and roll.
Based in San Francisco with underlying southern soul roots, strong songwriting is really the bread and butter of Scary Little Friends. Scary Little Friend’s live shows combine an understated professionalism with raw talent. They connect with their audience the old-fashioned way by offering authentic heartfelt performances that fulfill our desire to connect. No gimmicks, no tricks. Just great songs about what you were thinking but couldn’t say.
Costume Contest Rules
1. Register the evening of Fright Night at the event. The $5 registration fee includes one complimentary drink coupon.
2. First prize will receive $175, Second prize will receive $125, Third prize will receive $75, and the People’s Choice Award will receive $125. All winners will also receive free entry for Fright Night 2016.
3. Costumes will be judged on Originality, Quality of Construction, and WOW Factor.
4. No glitter, confetti, pyrotechnics, live flame, or smoke generators of any kind are allowed.
5. No electrical power connections will be provided. If your costume requires power, it must be part of the costume design.
6. Groups are considered one entry and winners will be awarded one prize to share.