For the last year, the Miners Foundry Cultural Center has been hard at work quietly raising funds for a new wooden floor in the Osborn/Woods Hall, one of their two great halls. With the support of private donors, businesses, Nevada City, Nevada County and Nevada City Chamber of Commerce they have raised 85% of their goal. The Miners Foundry is reaching out to help make this much needed facility improvement a reality for the community to use and enjoy for generations to come.
A new dance floor means more dancing, more events, more workshops, more fun for the entire community!
DEADLINE: Hurry! Donations of any amount are welcome. There is a deadline of February 4th for those who donate $1,000 or more and will have the name of their choice imprinted on the floor.
MILLENNIUM CLUB MEMBER ($1,000)
- Your named on the floor
- One Osborn/Woods Poster
- Two tickets valued $20 each to any Foundry-produced performance
- An invitation to the Miners Foundry Open House for the Floor
- You will be included in all Miners Foundry signage thanking our sponsors of this important Dance Floor project
- The personal satisfaction of helping improve the historic treasure that is the Miners Foundry
To make a tax-deductible donation you can do so online here or simply call (530) 265-5040. You can also mail in your donation to Miners Foundry, attn: Osborn/Woods Hall Floor, 325 Spring Street, Nevada City, CA, 95959. For questions or additional information please contact Gretchen Bond at (530) 265-5040 or Gretchen@minersfoundry.org
Why we need a new floor:
A WOODEN FLOOR IS NEEDED IN THE OSBORN/WOODS HALL BECAUSE:
- The existing floor is rough, industrial concrete left over from the time when the room was a machine shop
- The concrete is dark and uncomfortable for standing and dancing
A WOOD FLOOR WILL:
- Beautify the Hall – lightening the room, improve acoustics
- Attract more musical events that involve dancing
- Provide an elegant space for dinner dances, night-club-style events and dinner theatre
- Expand rental business to include more daytime uses such as exercise or dance classes
- The floor will fulfill the vision outlined in Miners Foundry Strategic Plan: Become a first-class venue
WHAT IS THE SCOPE OF THE FLOOR PROJECT?
- Seal and level the existing concrete floor
- Installing a moisture barrier
- Installing Kahrs Activity Floor
WHO WILL PERFORM THE WORK?
- Youngs Carpet One will install the floor, The Board of Trustees will manage the campaign